Sunday, June 17, 2012

Nature Vs Nurture

I would like to share me and my friend’s experience. :) 
I’ve lived at dormitory in Bandung for 6 years. I have a friend who can speak Sundanese naturally. When I first met her, I feel weird because she has a very thick accent Sunda, but she is a nice girl. Even though, we had a subject of Indonesian language, she’s very difficult to learn it. So, we studied together. It’s funny when I can’t understand what she talked about. She always adding affixes “atuh” or “ceunah” for every sentences that she spoke. Naturally, she spoke Sundanese language because her family is originally from the City of  Bandung.And how about me? First, I didn’t speak Sundanese at all, even I had no intention to learn that language, but as time goes by, I could speak sundanese nurturally, because there are many people who came from Bandung, and everyday I talk to them. Anytime, anywhere, I spoke sundanese language, and finally I could understand what my friend said and she also could spoke Indonesian language nurturally. So, when I moved to continue my study in Jakarta, I feel like a stranger because I also have a very thick accent Sunda like my friend. This’s my true story. :)