Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Simply Food



*sigh*

I have been really trying to live more simply lately.  Well, more than lately...for the past few years.  I love being more "simple." I like wanting less...  I pay attention to things now.  Especially when grocery shopping. I think that was the hardest behavior to change.  I would go into the grocery store hungry and buy so much junk (seriously...don't go to the store hungry!). I have really simplified my food buying too. In the past, my fridge was over flowing...but so much went to waste.  I felt like I needed a full fridge.  But there is a difference between a full fridge and fridge full of the "right things." I don't buy gallons of milk anymore, or bulk items.  I buy just enough...  Think about how much you go to the store...how much do you really eat?  I feel like we are engrained into scarcity thinking when it comes to food...always have more!  I hate food waste...I really do.

OK...enough of that...

Anyway, this morning I was going through my stuff...and I just keep scaling down.  Maybe it's a coming of age thing...the older I get, the less I want.  It's not always easy to be simple, but it really is gratifying and very fulfilling.  Very very fulfilling.

Less is more...and less is lighter!

I even created a new Pin board to keep me on track. I love looking my foods in fridge. They just calm me down.  Yes...that's another thing about simple living, it's less stressful.  No mind clutter, no physical clutter... Mmmm Hmmm...I like that.  A lot.  And I even feel like I have more time in my day.  Weird...I know.  But I like the side effect.

I hope you are having a simply beautiful day...

xoxo