Saturday, December 22, 2012

On Mother's Day



Tonight I write this poem in dedication to you, Although no words can say how I feel.
Mom, you’ve always been the best
A better mom than all the rest.
I’m thankful for all the things you do
I’m glad my mom is extra special you!
The thousands of things you did for me
that helped make me happier, stronger and wiser,
because I had you as a role model.
I'm grateful for all the times
you healed my hurts and calmed my fears,
so that I could face the world
feeling safe and secure.
I'm thankful for all you showed me
about how to love and give lessons that now bring so many blessings to me each and every day.
Your sacrifices and unselfishness
did not go unnoticed, Mom.
I learned about love from you,
Watching your caring ways.
I learned about joy from you
In fun-filled yesterdays. From you I learned forgiving
Of faults both big and small.
I learned what I know about living.
From you, as you gave life your all.
mom, without you, there would be no me.
Your love, your attention, your guidance,
have made me who I am.
Without you, I would be lost, wandering aimlessly, without direction or purpose.
You showed me the way to serve, to accomplish, to persevere.
Without you, there would be an empty space
I could never fill, no matter how I tried.
Instead, because of you, I have joy, contentment, satisfaction and peace.
You deserve much more than words can say;

You make me feel I always will pray,

“God, please, be with Mom in a special way.
Give her Your blessings throughout the day.
Show her the meaning, the reason for her to stay.
Let Your angels guard her; don’t let her go astray.
Help her see the good of Your work; keep the evil away.
Keep her smiling; dry her tears, if You may.
Let her that whenever there’s trouble,
She can turn to You; You’ll help her struggle.
Let her know that here on Earth,
She’ll never know what she’s really worth,
But up there, up there in Heaven,
She’s guarded by an angel,
Please, let her know how precious she is
In my heart even if I'm not showing this.
Let her know I'm always there
To help her out through my prayer.

I may not feel what she’s passing through,

But let her know I try my best to do.
Let her know that whenever she’s down,
I can feel it without a frown.
Help me see Your goodness through her,
Through Your words wherever I was…”
That’s my prayer for you every night.
May this give you hope in everything in sight.
And please, know that wherever you are,
Know that I love you and care whether I'm near or far…

On Mother’s Day, I want you to know
You’re the greatest mom, and I love you so.
There’s one more thing I want to say:
I wish you Happy Mother’s Day!